Wednesday, January 6, 2010

80 Percent Good

Today was my first day home with both boys by myself. I was still kind of cheating because I had a bit of help. Matt took Daniel to school and a friend brought dinner over for us, but this was the most I've done solo so far. The day was pretty good, but the bad moments were pretty low. They mostly involved both boys crying loudly and the phone ringing at the same time. I would say that the day was 80 percent great. To give you a glimpse of what things were like today, here is a little story.

So Christopher and I were totally ready to head out the door to pick up Daniel at 11:30. We were both dressed, Daniel's lunch was mostly prepared, and Christopher was in the carseat. I did not need to leave until 11:35, so, feeling good about the way things were going, I decided to check my email. When I went to grab the carseat to go, I discovered that Christopher had spit up all over himself. Daniel was a spitter, but he has nothing on what Christopher can produce. This kid was covered. Almost his entire torso was covered and he had soaked the carseat cover and the carseat. So I had to take him out of the carseat and completely change him which made us late to pick up Daniel. I felt really badly having to put him back in the dirty carseat, but I did not have time to wash the carseat cover before going to pick up Daniel.

The highlight of the day was probably when I decided to take Daniel and Christopher over to the neighbors for a visit. The three of us got bundled up and walked across the street. Wow, what an adventure, right? I've been so worried about taking Christopher out in the neighborhood since it's so cold outside. Today I had Christopher bundled in his bunting over his clothes and hat, then I put him in the sling, then I put a coat on over everything. He was so warm that he fell asleep immediately and did not wake up until I took the bunting off after we returned home. I'm not usually a worrier, but something about a newborn in the winter makes me quite nervous.

Also, Christopher had his two week appointment on Monday. He is already 8 pounds, 13 ounces, and everything checked out great.

2 comments:

Alisha said...

I get nervous just reading these stories! I can't imagine have 2 that little! Good work on getting through it all--and 80% good! 50% would be a victory, I think!

Allison said...

80% is AMAZING, and so are you! Those two boys are lucky to have such a rockstar for a Mommy...

Love you,
Ali