Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekend Update

I uploaded this video last weekend. I can hardly remember what I did last weekend. I could have had something important to share, but oh well, it has slipped my mind. Now this past weekend was more notable. Matt, Daniel, and I headed down to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, for my Aunt Meg's wedding. The ceremony was beautiful, and the priest had the most thoughtful homily. Almost all of my Mahoney relatives were there - great aunts and uncles to first cousins. We only get to be together every couple years or so. As an added bonus, all of my immediate family was there and we got to see a bunch of my Mom's family, too.

If you are feeling a bit confused by all the families, don't worry. That's kind of how I feel.

Since we left on Thursday morning, here is a brief description of what we did. Woke up at 4 am to catch our flight, arrived in NO, had a po boy, drove to BR, went to LSU with Aunt Sue, had an amazing dinner (shrimp stuffed chicken) at Aunt Sue's, visited with Mimi and Papa, and went to bed early. So that was Thursday. On Friday we chilled in the morning, went to the bridal shower luncheon, hung out with the parents, met up with Uncle Mike, headed to the wedding and reception, danced our feet off, party in 207, finally made it home 3 hours before Daniel woke up. Saturday started with an 8 am playdate with the new 16-month-old twin cousins, headed home for a nap, went to Aunt Meg's for a jambalaya party, Matt went to the LSU game and came back, put Daniel to bed at the party, made it home the same day ;) Today we drove to NO, had biengets and cafe au lait at Cafe du Monde, met up with Uncle Mike in the French Quarter, enjoyed the nice weather, and travelled back to Madison.

So this puts Daniel at 6 states and 2 provinces. We are looking forward to this week. We get to see a bunch of Lee family for Thanksgiving, and two of Daniel's aunts will be in town!


No comments: