Monday, November 10, 2008

Looking Forward to Tuesday

Tuesdays are a very special day now. Not only is it a day that Daniel and I get to spend together, but it is a mid-week day that offers a blank slate for activities! I have Fridays with him, too, but scheduling events on Friday seems less exciting for some reason. It must be the whole weekend mentality.

Our latest Tuesday activity is swimming. We are participating in the Mommy and Me swimming lessons at our gym. Last week was our first class, and he absolutely loved it. I wish there was a way to get a video of Daniel in the pool. I might have to get Matt to come as a spectator one day because he is just too cute. There are about six kids in our class ranging in age from 6 months to just over 2 years, half girls, half boys.

The 2-year-old girls are nice and sweet and follow the instructions perfectly. They might even be a little shy at times. Well, Daniel gets in the pool with me and promptly starts kicking and splashing and screaming. He even puts his face in the water from time to time. It is great when we are doing the kicking lessons, not so great while practicing floating on the back. I'm just so glad that he enjoys the class. Hopefully all the other moms won't be annoyed that my kid is the one splashing during the instructions. I guess I'll know when they all start giving us just a little more space :)

No comments: