Saturday, November 29, 2008

I need to focus, just a bit

I'm finding it difficult to focus these days. There are so many things that I want to do and so many things that I need to do, but really I just spend most of my time being a mom. Daniel is doing so many new things that it is quite enjoyable to just play with him. It's either that or that fact that he cries when I leave the room that keeps me by his side. He is rather content and entertained when he is eating Cheerios or other finger foods or playing in the jumper or new horse from Aunt Maggie. We are considering naming the horse Cheesebiscuit. Matt and Kelly think it is a great idea. I'm not sold yet.

Ok, back to the focus thing. So I'm here while Matt and Kelly are at the gym and Daniel is napping. This should be the perfect time to get a few thoughts down or pick out a few pictures to post, but the problem is that Daniel has been asleep for over 2 hours. I have this fear that he is going to wake up any minute now. I'm also starting to think that I need to wake him up so that he will go to sleep tonight. All these thoughts can be somewhat paralyzing.

He is really fun these days. He is pulling himself up on everything and eating everything in sight. He has taken on a little color recently because so many of the baby foods are orange. I guess a bit orange is better than really, really white :0 He has also started giggling all the time, and playing lots of games. Well, any variation of peek-a-boo that you like. Yesterday he clapped for the first time. He was so pleased with his accomplishment or maybe he was pleased with my excitement over his accomplishment. Positive reinforcement really does go a long way.

I working on getting into a rhythm with our new busier, more demanding baby. I'm not sure how I would have made dinner on Tuesday night or prepared our dishes for Thanksgiving without the help of Aunt Maggie and Aunt Kelly. They were both here for Thanksgiving and helped entertain Daniel much of this past week. I hope you all had wonderful holidays!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Geez, I feel so busy now with my 4-month old! Everyone says, "You just wait 'til he's older, moving around, etc. etc." Sounds like they're right...can't imagine that. I already feel like I can't get anything done!! Good luck!