Wednesday, October 22, 2008

WEFTEC 2008

Sometimes I have really great ideas, and sometimes I have not so great ideas. WEFTEC was a great conference, but maybe not the best idea for my family this year. I learned a lot, was able to see many collegues and clients, and generally had a pretty good time. But being out from 7 am until 10 pm for three days in a row is not a good idea for a nursing Mom. It might have gone better if we could have been in Madison for the event, but we were in Chicago.

It took an army to get through the week. Note to self, if something takes an army to accomplish, it might not be the best idea. This conference is something that I had been wanting to do since graduating college. Why was this my year to go? I just got it in my head that I was going, and there was no looking back. So we got through it. I am totally exhausted, and so is Matt. Maybe we will be able to take it easy for a week or so until we head to ND for the Pitt game.

So the general summary is - time at the conference was awesome, everything else in my life suffered the consequences.

No comments: