Sunday, March 30, 2008

39 Weeks

Most phone calls these days begin discussing whether or not I'm in labor. In case you are wondering, I'm not in labor right now. A few weeks ago, I really did feel like it could be any minute. Now it seems like A.K. wants to hang out for a while longer. No March baby for us.

Things are getting really tight in my belly. The baby can't move around as much these days. When the baby does have more active periods, I can feel almost every little movement. It is kind of nice that people can feel the baby moving now from the outside with a high success rate. A.K. suffered from a lot of stage fright earlier on, so I would say feel here and nothing would happen.

The disadvantage to the larger baby is that my belly is not so nice and round these days. I think it looks lopsided much of the time and most of my shirts are getting a bit too short. It's not worth it to get new shirts for the last three weeks. The scary part is that sometimes I think the bottom of my belly will show, but I don't realize it. I can't really feel things as well there. I don't really know why. I guess the nerves are more spread out or something like that.

Tomorrow starts the first day of my last week of work for a while. I was planning on working right up until the baby comes, but I think I might just work up to the due date. We'll see what the projects need, but I don't know how much longer I'll be going in.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Ashley Turnbull said...

What fun! I am so excited for you and I hope it's soon (for your sake!). Enjoy these last few days w/o the little one - can't wait to hear it's name and gender =) For the love, someone keep us updated when it does happen!!!