Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Waiting Game

So after two weeks of thinking that every little thing I feel could be the start of labor, I'm starting to lose my sense of humor about the whole thing. It is difficult to leave work every day thinking, "Maybe tonight's the night." I had been taking walks during lunch, which was a nice way to get a bit of exercize and to relax during the day, but yesterday we got 7 inches of snow, so the walks will be out for a few days. I figure taking walks won't be part of my routine for a while after the baby comes.

I think everyone else is ready, too. People keep asking if I'm in labor when I call. If I call and I'm in labor, it will be the first thing out of my mouth.

I've been taking things pretty easy these days. There is really not that much on my schedule these days. I feel kind of lazy about it now, but all the experts (moms) in my life tell me to enjoy this time and relax. I'm doing my best. I found another piece of furniture for the baby's room. We had been looking for a bookshelf/storage piece, and I finally found something that Matt and I could agree on. Maybe I'll have a chance to put some pictures up next week after it gets delivered. I opted for the Monday delivery just figuring that the sooner it gets done the better.

Happy Easter!

No comments: