Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Jumping on the Bandwagon

So here we are, 29 weeks pregnant with our first child, and after spending many hours being entertained by friends blogs, we have decided to start our own. Well, really I decided to start the blog and mentioned it to Matt. He seems pretty excited at this point.


Things have been going great with the pregnancy. At this point, I'm just big and pregnant. I've been feeling the baby since week 15, and Matt felt the baby for the first time right after Thanksgiving at Week 21. Of course it happened right after all the family returned home after the holiday. Even though I've been feeling the baby for quite a while, things were inconsistent for a long time. The placenta is right in front. Apparently that makes it more difficult for me and others to feel the baby move. The past couple weeks, Matt has been able to feel the baby quite consistently. I love the questions and comments that he comes up with when feeling the baby, and I really love feeling the baby move. It always makes me smile. Anyway, enough about that.


The nursery is coming along nicely. Right after the holidays, I had a major need to get the nursery done right then. I think I purchased 75% of the stuff in there on New Year's Day. The curtains arrived yesterday, so I'm sure we will put them up this week. Here are some pictures of the current status:



I feel like we need some decorations on the walls. There is too much green right now. Barry Goldwater is getting moved to Matt's office. Although, I think Matt would be perfectly happy with some nice republican art for the baby's room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel and Matt: I finally took the time to read the blog and I just loved it! I love the pictures and all the thoughts and concerns that each of you has expressed. I am quite impressed with Matt's creative writing. I had no idea he could be so clever expressing his feelings! Don't worry about all those things. You just do what you have to do at the moment and somehow God blesses you with the skills to take care of that precious bundle He has given you to watch over, guide, nourish & groom into a fine human being. I think one of the keys to having happy babies is imparting an aire of calmness which they sense. Michelle Stewart certainly has that down pat with Abby. You can do it too! Lots of Love MIMI