Tuesday, January 29, 2008

AK Revealed!

My family has a long history of giving babies in-utero names. For some reason, it's usually something along the lines of Bosco, Bozoo or something equally made up. Maybe my Mom will comment with a list of the names they used. It is much nicer to have a name for the baby rather than just using "it".

Well, one night shortly after we announced that we were pregnant my family decided that Alexander or Alexandra Keith Lee would be an appropriate name for our baby. While Alex Lee has a nice ring to it, I was not sure I could go with the name. You see, Alexander Keith's IPA is my husband's favorite Nova Scotia beer. It is one of the only reasons he returned to the Shore after our first miserable visit together. The suggestion made both of us smile and laugh, so in honor of Matt's favorite Nova Scotia ale, we call our baby AK for now.

No comments: