Monday, June 10, 2013

Two Weeks

John had his two week appointment today. I was looking forward to having him weighed because I suspected that he was getting much bigger. He's already up to 9 lbs. 3 oz.! He's making growing a full-time job. It feels like he spends most of his time eating, sleeping, and making messy diapers. I can't count the number of times I've put a fresh diaper on this one only to hear a nice gassy sound as he fills it before even getting off the changing table. Perhaps he's just slightly partial to the filth. He will fit right in with his brothers. I had to convince Daniel to take off the dirty shirt he put on for school today, "But I've only slept in it the last two nights..." And I gave in and let Christopher put on the clothes he wore from 4 pm until 7 pm yesterday. I have to admit that I really wanted Christopher to wear the shirt he had on at least a couple times before he grows out of it; hence, I was more lenient on the dirty/clean judgment. For those of you who are wondering, Matt was completely appalled with this decision.

Everyone who meets John asks who he looks like or if he's like his brothers. I have to say at this point that John is completely himself. You can tell that he's part of the family, but he doesn't have a strong resemblance with either brother. So far he is more laid back as a baby like Christopher, but big like Daniel was. When he is awake, he is alert and is starting to recognize the voices in the house. Gigi was working on teaching him how to get his thumb, and he remembers where it is. He still has trouble getting it, but maybe one of these days he will.

The older boys are just learning a lot about being big brothers. Daniel keeps asking for ear plugs when John cries. Christopher offered to burp John the other day. Daniel snuck my phone to take some pictures of John sleeping while I was saying prayers with Christopher. After a good year of Daddy being Christopher's favorite (major understatement) during mass, he actually wanted to be next to me yesterday but only because I was holding John. Daniel and Christopher are figuring out the purpose of the humps (Daniel's term) on Mommy's chest. You can only imagine the questions I get about that one.

Big yawn!

Checking out the fire truck at safety day.

This brave soul let my son control a water jet...

And his younger brother, too.

13 days old, happily sleeping.


No comments: