Sunday, June 12, 2011

Word of the Week: Tricky

Christopher's vocabulary is expanding by the minute. It is really fun to hear so many new words from him. He is also starting to say multiple word phrases like "tricky puzzle" or "I did it" or "Mommy snuggle Bucky." Then there are the times that he babbles paragraphs and ends with "ball?" as if he had just asked you a very involved question and needed input from you. I just have to guess during those times.

Christopher has had a little fever during the past couple days, which has made him a little more cuddly than normal. When we put him to bed now, he always requests a book. So we did the book, then we said prayers and sang songs, and he just wanted to snuggle. Usually he would be crawling out of the chair and pointing to the crib saying, "night, night." He loves to go to sleep and it takes him about 3 minutes to get from in the room to asleep. He's a dream sleeper.

Anyway, I just decided to enjoy the moment and rock him to sleep. I'm usually the Mom who is looking forward to the next stage or accomplishment, but occasionally things catch me off guard and I get a bit sad that they are growing up so quickly. Rocking Christohper to sleep was one of those moments. Before I knew it I was sitting ther in the dark with tears falling down my face. I didn't realize how long it had been since I snuggled one of my boys to sleep. It was a nice treat. I guess that is the upside of a slight fever. It slows them down enough that they will pause for a snuggle every once in a while.

1 comment:

Katie said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2BGaRT4PoQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And that's the first thing that popped into my head this morning after watching that video!