Sunday, June 5, 2011

Perspective

Last night we had some friends over to do a little project and for dinner. Christopher had gone to bed and the adults were sitting down to eat dinner. At one point when we were eating Daniel siad he needed to go to the potty. That sounds good to me. We spent a year tyring to encourage him to use the potty, and a few weeks ago, he finally go the hang of things. He is doing great now, and I'm just thrilled that he is using the toilet regularly. So Daniel heads in the direction of the bathroom and sits down on the floor outside of the bathroom and takes his underwear and pants off and walks into the bathroom. Although a little unconventional, I really did not have a second thought about his approach. Now our dinner guests, who thankfully are very good friends, were slightly suprised by this little show while we were eating dinner. So I asked Daniel to close the door. Well, he did that, but his clothes were still outside the bathroom. We had a second showing a couple minutes later. I've been so focused on getting Daniel to actually use the potty that I've lost all concept of ettiquette. I guess that can be our next project. I just wonder what other things have become the norm in our own little world that are not in any way appropriate outside of these walls?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Just as long as he does not sit on the floor in a public bathroom when he needs to go potty and you are out somewhere! Ick!
Cute story. We are all about the open door policy aren't we?