Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Conversations

When you receive pictures like this in emails, you end up with interesting dinner conversation.



Christopher is talking up a storm these days and Daniel is starting to read. I'm having trouble keeping up. I think that is because Daniel has recently quit napping at home on most days. We will get the occasional nap on a Saturday, but naps rarely come on the days we are home. I was very spoiled with almost 3 years of a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. The boys have been napping at the same time in the afternoon for as long as I can remember. It's so different now and my learning curve is steep.

Christohper mimics everything and is a real studier. He will listen, repeat, look for the thing again, and tell us about it. You can almost see him thinking. Backhoe was the word he learned in the video. His long babbling sentences are starting to take form. One of his favorites is, "What is this?" I'm also impressed with his ability to know what he wants. Christopher has been asking to go down for bed or a nap for many months now, and has been requesting food when he is hungry since his first birthday. Now that is extending to finding a certain picture in a book or a specific kind of food. It can be frusterating as a parent to figure out what this specific thing is, but he's a good enough communicator to get the point accross without too much distress, usually.

You will notice that Daniel is singing the chorus to American Pie. That is his latest bedtime song. Matt was really happy to move on from "Outdoors" to the tune of "I'm Yours" which he's been singing for almost two years. Daniel loves the song so much that I had to print the lyrics off the internet so that I could sing the song, too. We need to teach him more songs. He really seems to enjoy singing. His imagination is starting to blossom. The stories and roleplaying that I get to overhear are wonderful.

Alright enough of this rambling. Matt was accusing me of being an infrequent poster, so I've responded with a double post today.

1 comment:

TJ said...

Try this with the boys,

"digging Lilacs with the Backhoe, oh yeah.

digging Lilacs with the backhoe oh yeah.

Gigi digging lilacs and she's got a bucket,

And the good old boys singing dig till I die, and good old boys singing digging till I die..

Love ya'll

Dad/Grampy