Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weekend Alone

I started this last weekend, sorry it is a little late. Daniel and I were home alone Friday - Monday. It was a little lonley and quite a bit of work, but in a few ways it was easier. I did so many things that I wouldn't have if Matt were around. I used the extra time to rearrange furniture and have the carpets cleaned. Ok, don't get your carpets cleaned when you have to do all the work yourself. It's not as easy as letting someone in the door and writing a check. I had to move everything except the major pieces of furniture to the basement or upstairs. Daniel got to spend a little extra time in the ExerSaucer.

I think he is on the brink of a few new things. He was a little grumpy a few days this week. I think it stems from his most recent development of standing on his own. He loves to do it, but somehow that accomplishment has made him forget that he has any sense of balance even while sitting. Head bumps all the time. Learning new things must be challenging for the little ones.

Here are a few recent pics.

Banging toys is a favorite activity.
Daniel loves the little mouse in the picture. He carries it around all the time...

... in his mouth. Sometimes it is St.Bernard like.

Mealtimes can get messy. Broccoli is not a favorite.

Here I come!

2 comments:

Alisha said...

Wow, you are an ambitious woman! I can't even get to the grocery store without my husband!

Daniel is cuter than ever! Congrats on the standing up!!

Lisa said...

He looks so different with his two front teeth! So much older looking in these pictures. Wow!