Thursday, February 7, 2008

40 Days - 40 Weeks

Yesterday at our Ash Wednesday service I found myself reflecting on the duration of Lent more than anything else. I remember thinking that Lent was a long season when I was younger. The thought of giving up something or doing something during Lent made the six weeks seem like an eternity. Right now I'm 31.4 weeks pregnant. When I was 30 weeks pregnant, I told my Mom, "10 weeks has never seemed like such a short amount of time." Even now, I see the time between now and when the baby comes filling up quickly, and I feel like it is going to be here before Matt and I even know it. The funny thing is that Easter is going to come before AK. Well, most likely anyway. I guess this is just one of the many ways having children changes your perspective.

No comments: