Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Videos I Miss and One Good One

Now that I'm living in the modern age of smartphones, capturing life's moments has been much easier, but I still manage to miss some classic moments. Just yesterday there was a moment I wish I could have memorialized forever. Yesterday seemed like one of the longest days of motherhood I've ever had. Both boys have a dramatic streak that comes out from time to time, and yesterday the collective Lee boys had hours of crying. In my role as Mom, I'm always trying to pinpoint the reason for things like this. Are they tired? Are they hungry? Are they bored? Do they miss their relatives? Are they sad that it's raining? What did I do wrong to result in an entire day of crying and fits? I'll never know.

Well, at 4 pm the rain finally let up, I put the boys in their boots and we headed outside. I was hoping that they would find something fun to do outside, and I thought that the noise might seem quieter outside instead of inside. Well, in the true boy spirit, they located the only puddle within 100 yards. The puddle was not very large, but it was large enough for them. Christopher jumped in the puddle for 10 minutes before he realized that sitting in puddles was fun, too, and dunking your head in it was even more fun. Daniel had his rake with him and tried out raking the puddle. Not as fun as jumping, but still fun, especially when you got to bash your brother in the process. Unfortunately, we had to end the fun abruptly when Christopher had an over zealous dunk resulting in a skinned cheek. We headed inside for baths because as fun as the puddle was, it was equally, too.

Well, I promised a good video, too. Today I got to watch Daniel and his Little Builders friends perform "Spider, Spider." It was incredibly cute. The audio is a bit hit or miss, but I think you will get the idea. Enjoy!



And, if you want to skip to the end, here are the bows. Adorable!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Cutest thing ever! Poor lady bug....but what a cute fly! Daniel did a great job!