Sunday, January 16, 2011

"A New Table and Chairs"



It is so much fun to have two boys that love playing with each other. Fun and really scary, well for Christopher's sake anyway. He must have gotten bumped around a bit more than I thought over the past year because recently he has started crying when Daniel even touches anything that he is playing with. I'm not talking about small things either, he could be touching the other side of the table and Christopher would cry. The job of referee is a bit more challenging since he learned that defense mechanism. The only time Christopher stops moving is to eat or sleep. I just discovered today that he actually has seven teeth instead of six. A molar snuck in without me catching it. I was waiting to two more on the bottom, but leave it to Christopher to sprout an unexpected upper molar. Maybe there is a reason for the extra sleepiness and fussiness in the past few weeks.

You will also notice the small bit in the video on our new table. We have been talking about getting a new kitchen table since we moved here. Recently the topic was dominating our daily mealtime conversation. The table we had is a lovely table, but it was just on loan until we found one we liked. It only took a year an a half. Daniel, our little engineer, was a fantastic assistant on chair assembly. He really enjoys having jobs, and his chair job was to line up the legs with the holes. Matt decided that delivery and assembly were something we could handle, he did however decide to spring for the protection plan - is that indicative of our strenghts? I love it when he volunteers me to attach 66 bolts with an Allen wrench the size of my pinky. I guess it shows confidence.

I look forward to many many great dinners at this table over the years! I'm actually blogging right from the table instead of the bar where I do most of my computing. We are total 'kids at Christmas' over this purchase. Reading the paper this morning was like reading the paper for the first time, and we can't stop talking about it. I guess all the shopping and debating paid off! As I'm sitting here gazing into our beautiful snow covered backyard enjoying our table, I noticed the next project. The chandalier.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

The table loods fantastic! Nice improvement! It really fits there. Cute video of the boys and the box too.