Sunday, January 9, 2011

Apologies

I've been quite lazy about posting these days. My Mom has a great post here about our Christmas visit to Sugar Land and Baton Rouge. She has lots of pictures, too.

Now that we are past the wild December with two birthdays and Christmas and Matt working insane hours, hoepfully I will get back in the blogging spirit again. Luckily I've had a bit more energy since Christopher was weaned. I didn't really think about it, but I've been supporting more than one life for the better part of the last three years. No wonder I couldn't stay up past 9:30 pm! These days I see 11 pm regularly.

Life around the Lee house is really busy. Daniel's favorite activities are jumping, jumping on Mommy, and jumping on Daddy. Christopher can't eat enough, and is very much into climbing on everything he can climb on. I'm thinking of redecorating the family room in a jungle gym motif with a ball pit accent. I also find myself continually amazed at the things they say. Christopher because of all the words he is picking up. His latest is poop. He points at his diaper and says, "poop." He will probably start using the potty before his big brother. Daniel because of the things he remembers and the new ideas coming out of his head all the time. The toddler need to control and create order is overwhelming at times. One of the cutest things he does is share his food with Christopher. We have made a point that the things Christopher eats need to be small, so Daniel regularly pinches off tiny crumbs of whatever he is eating and asks if he can put them on Christopher's tray. It's very sweet.

Matt and I celebrated out 6th anniversary yesterday. I can't believe that's it's been six years already. Part of me feels like we just got married. Matt took me out for a romantic evening out at the Wisconsin hockey game ;) Luckily we were in the box with some good friends. Dan and Peggy even decided to show up. All kidding aside, we had a great time, and Matt suprised me with a fancy dinner beforehand at the Kellner Club which is a fancy dinner spot inside the Kohl Center.

Must get back to dishes and lunches for the boys. I look forward to sitting down with a glass of wine and my bookclub book later this evening.

No comments: