Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Most Recent Definition of Fun

I feel like I'm becomming more and more of a Mom. Or maybe a better way to put it is that I'm starting to appreciate more and more what being a Mom really means. I tend to have daily epiphany's on this front, but I want to share with you a little about my most recent epiphany's. I'll start with yesterday's big event. I actually paid someone to watch my children and feed them the dinner I prepared while I went grocery shopping. Big deal right? Well, to me it was wonderful. I made it a super special event by going to the Super Target instead of the lame grocery store around the corner, and I left my phone in the car. I did return to about 5 missed calls from Matt who had gotten home to find a couple babysitters instead of me, but that's another story. It's amazing how much you can purchase with your whole brain focused on buying rather than 1/3 of it. I hate to admit it, but it was actually fun in a strange sort of way.

Tonight's fun might actually be described as fun by more than just Moms. Our neighborhood women's club had our monthly meeting tonight. Big deal right? Well, the meeting was yoga and chocolate tasting. Woo Hoo! We were led in a nice easy but slightly yoga class by the owner of a local yoga studio - Bliss Flow Yoga, and after we did the yoga, we got to taste some super yummy chocolates from Vosges Haut-Chocolat. I love the new trend of fusion chocolate. We had samples of sea salt chocolate, a curry chocolate, a mexican spicy chocolate, a super dark chocolate, and a sesame and wasabi truffle. Wow! I highly encourage you Chicago readers to stop by one of her stores in town. You travelers can stop by the store in O'Hare.

This kind of fun continues this weekend because Matt and I are headed to Williamsburg, Virginia, for a wedding and the kids are staying here with Grandma and Boppa. I can't remember two nights in a row without children. I'm sure it happened sometime in the brief spell between Daniel and Christopher, but I just can't remember it. I'm sure the time between now and then will be a bit hectic, but that's ok. What day is not hectic anymore?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Chocolate.....good.
Yoga......good.
Kids.....good.
Weekend without kids....great!
Have fun!

Courtney M. O'Mara said...

I love Vosges! They're delicious and even the packaging is pretty. You can also order them online.