Monday, October 4, 2010

Billiken In House

Billiken? You might ask. Billikens are a good luck charm doll that happens to be the St. Louis University mascot. Well, Aunt Kelly who attends St. Louis University came up for the weekend and showered Daniel with Billiken trinkets that she got from their homecoming parade. He loved them! Give Daniel something you catch out of the air, and he is a happy boy. She brought him a frisbee, a ball, and a fox. Billikens are pretty big in our house. Here is a picture of one so you can get an idea of the look.
Daniel was pretty confused by the Billiken at first and kept calling it a pig. He is so funny like that these days.
Here we are having some floor playtime.

Daniel was a big Aunt Kelly fan.
We had a wonderful time playing (the boys) and shopping (me). It's such a rare occasion that I get to go shopping let alone with a shopping buddy. It's so much more fun to have your sister along for the ride than a toddler. We found some nice decorations for the house. Ok, it was only a new crop of fall fake flowers, but new is fun no matter what. We also had a banner coupon day at Copp's. Kelly enjoys saving money just as much as I do ;) I love it when you can combine sales, with coupons, and promotions. Proctor & Gamble was a good friend this week.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

It was so great to see you guys this week. I'm happy to spread a little bit of Billiken love to the boys any time. I love that picture of me and Daniel! You'd be proud - I went to our grocery store tonight with tons of coupons, and it turns out they always double coupons! I'm afraid I've caught the fever. Anyways, I miss you guys already. Have a good week!

Meg Mahoney said...

Rach: I'll have to remember to send the boys a box of Mardi Gras parade goodies next Spring. We catch all kinds of stuff that I'm sure they would love!! --Meg

Lisa said...

It is either that cute picture of Daniel with his arm around Kelly or jet lag but all I can say is AWWWWW! Oct. 30 cannot get here soon enough!