Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Coupons

So I've started clipping and printing coupons. It's becoming an obsession, but it feels so good to see the bottom of my bill say "You saved $38 today." I regularly have $30 to $40 off our grocery bill. It's great! I'm not stockpiling or doing anything crazy like that yet, but I won't buy diapers without at least two coupons and a sale. If I had only started doing this two years ago, just think how much I could have saved. At $4 or more a purchase, we are talking about a lot of money. I also follow a few couponing sites like The Grocery Game, Hip 2 Save, and Baby Cheapskate.

Today I found a coupon and sale that was not recommended by any of the sites on Palermo's frozen pizza. My favorite grocery store Metcalfe's Sentry has double coupon day on Wednesday and Saturday. This week the pizza's are buy one for $6.50 get one free. Here there is a $1 off two pizzas coupon. The amazing thing with the coupon is that it is good all year and there is no print limit. That's only $2.25 each for premium frozen pizzas! If I could only find a deal like this for Pampers or Cheerios! I think I might be ready for the challeng of working again as I am fulfilling my logical needs with couponing.

2 comments:

Johanna said...

You crack me up. I must admit, I have a serious coupon habit as well. It is REALLY fun when you can get something for free or even earn money on it.

Mrs. Johnson said...

Alright Rachel, here are some of my favorite Q sites:

-www.commonsensewithmoney.com (she has some local Q match-ups on her blog)

-becentsable.blogspot.com

-www.afullcup.com

-www.supercouponing.com (this Jill Cataldo-from the State Journal) You can look up coupons from her site:http://supercouponing.coupontom.com/

The best way I've discovered how to do couponing is to do the clip-less method. Save all your coupon inserts (I do weed through and get rid of the check and control top ads) and file them under that weeks coupons. That way you can look up coupons from the link above and clip quickly.

I also recommend getting a a coupon cutter. Mine is from Pampered Chef. I love it! It cuts time in half when cutting Q!