Friday, February 27, 2009

Before and After

Here are a few before and after pictures of our kitchen. Now, I'm not talking about one time Daniel did this to our kitchen. I'm talking about our kitchen goes from the before to the after approximately three to five times every day! I clean up a mess like this during morning nap, afternoon nap, and after bed. I could do it with every meal, too, if I really wanted to. I only let Daniel play in two cabinets and two drawers and he manages to create a mess like this all the time. Good thing I read that book that recommended giving your kid access to as many cabinets as possible, huh? On one hand, cleaning all this up over and over again gets a little monotonous and seeing all the dust and drool that gets caked on my pots and pans is a little gross, but on the other hand, I would hate to think of the cost and time associated with replacing all these 'toys' and hours of enjoyment. For now, I'll live with putting the stuff away and washing the dishes before and after cooking just to have a baby who gets to explore and entertain himself.





3 comments:

Alisha said...

That is so funny! I laughed out loud. You always hear those are the best toys! It would be hilarious to watch him pull all those out! BTW, what book did you read? Why did they suggest leaving several cupboards open to the baby? Just wondering...

rachnd1213 said...

The book is "The New First Three Years of Life" by Burton L. White. It provides a little perspective into our little guys heads.

Alisha said...

I think I'll check that out. I haven't really read much beyond the "what to expect the first year" book. Thanks!