Friday, February 6, 2009

Suprise Visit and a Random Thought

Ok, I'll do the random thought first. I just noticed that Daniel has enough hair that I might have to start brushing it soon. He was bald for so long that hair brushing was never a thought. Hopefully this has not led to some sort of resistance to brushing my kids hair in the future.

Yesterday my good friend from Notre Dame, Erin, emailed to see if she could come visit today. Then she emailed and asked if she could just come that night. My answer was, "Yes!," of course. I let Matt know about this development at which point I remembered that we are down a bathroom and the guest room was full of tools, loose doors and toilet tank tops, and baseboards (with nails poking out). Thankfully Erin is an extremely low maintenance guest, but I still did not tell her about the living conditions until she was in Rockford ;)

We had a great visit. Last night was just chatted over wine, and today we hung around the house in the morning. We went on a little sledding outing (ie, pull Daniel around the house one time ~3 minutes) before heading to State Street to do some shopping and meet Matt for lunch. The temperature is above freezing, so strolling with Daniel on State Street is a must. You see, in Wisconsin 10 month olds have more frost proof skin the closer you get to March. Anyway, no big purchases outside of lunch, but it was so nice to get out and see the sun! The big discovery was the lululemon lemonade stand (mini-lululemon). I'm thinking that I might get a pair of new workout pants for Valentine's day :)

New developments on the Daniel front include clicking his tounge on the roof of his mouth - pretty cute, and chipmunking his food - not so cute. It looks like we are going to have to implement a mouth check routine before giving him more food.




1 comment:

Lisa said...

I've missed my Daniel pictures! Looks like a fun day!