Saturday, September 6, 2008

Saturday Morning

Well, actually I'm going to start with Friday. Our day yesterday reminded me of what life was like before having a baby. I went to the gym and left Daniel in KidsCare. We came home for a nap. Then I dropped him off at the Lee's for a few hours and got my nails done and went to Babies'R'Us. Well, no BRU trips before baby, but it's still shopping. After I picked him up we headed to the Union for happy hour and then to church for a Young Adult BBQ. He was great all day long and was totally pooped when we got home. Well, that didn't last too long. He was up at 11 pm and again at 4 am. Totally miserable at 11 and wanting to play at 4. I managed to get him back down sometime around 5:30 and he slept until 8:30. I think I remember hearing a woodpecker or some varmit in the early morning hours. We'll have to look into that. Of course this happens when Matt is out of town. Anyway, I suspect that the next bunch of teeth is on its way. Either that or he is still figuring out how to digest solid foods. I think prunes are getting added to the diet today.

Aunt Kelly has requested more videos, so here is one of Daniel playing this morning. It is a bit longer than others. I kept holding out for a smile, but I never got one. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I came upon your blog randomly! How sweet! Congrats on your baby! Quick question, if you don't mind...I know you started out breastfeeding, but did you continue? I have a 4 week old and am thinking about switching to formula (for many reasons). If you did, can you relay your experience? Thank you so much! Liz in Ohio

rachnd1213 said...

Liz,

I have been breastfeeding Daniel since the beginning, and I'm still breastfeeding even though I went back to work and we started food. It was difficult for the first month or so, but then it just got easier and easier. I would encourage you to stick with it.

Rachel

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for responding. I am going to do whatever I can to stick with it. For some reason, despite visiting lactation consultants, etc., nursing is still so painful for me (pain kind of went away for a few days and is now back in full-force). I guess I thought the pain would have subsided by this point completely. The thought of quitting makes me really upset, so I'll do my best to hang on a bit longer!

Congrats, again, on your beautiful son! You all seem very happy and I hope my husband and I can get there soon!!