Friday, September 5, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Here are a few more recent photos. We took Daniel to the pool over the weekend. He loved it! It is amazing how much easier it is to interact with him now that he is so much stronger. I think all this added play is making him more sleepy. He fell asleep in the gym again on Tuesday morning. Then he took about seven 30-minute naps that day. I guess it takes a lot of energy to learn new things continuously.

Recently he has been studying his toys and hands. I catch him holding and looking at objects all the time. I feel like he spends hours doing this each day. It is so amazing to just watch him learn. It is fairly normal baby stuff, but for some reason, I'm particularly interested in this aspect of Daniel's development.

We have started to see bits of our personalities in Daniel. Well, at least that's what I'm going to think for now. He is persistent like me. He will work for many minutes and make many unsuccessful attempts to reach a toy without getting frusterated. Like Matt, he sometimes thinks things over a bit before accepting them.

This weekend Matt is off to ND, so Daniel and I are going to have some alone time. Then on Sunday Daniel and me are going on a business trip to Oregon. Aunt Maggie is going to help out with the kiddo while I have to visit the manure digester. Who knew that I would spend hours a day discussing and thinking about cow manure? On the plus side, it is fun to be involved in an innovative project that also satisfies many renewable and reuse needs and the farmers are enjoyable to work with.







No comments: