Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sleep Update

I wish that Daniel appreciated little rewards like gold stars. If he did, he would have a wall full by now. He has slept through the night (my definition) for three nights in a row, and it is almost like he is on a schedule. He sleeps from around 9 or 10 pm until 6 am. Now I know that since I have described his habits as a schedule, they will change today, but I'll enjoy them for the time being.

This flat spot maintenance is going to be quite the challenge. You see, the spot is on the right side of his head, and he sucks his right thumb. When he takes naps, he likes to suck his thumb to put himself to sleep. I've tried moving his head to the other side once he is down, but that results in more hunting for the thumb. At least it is pretty easy to move his head when he goes down for the night.

I wouldn't be obsessing about the flat spot this much if it was just a thought I had, but we have been requested to work on this from Daniel's doctor. It kind of felt like we got our first parenting slap on the wrist.

No comments: