Friday, June 6, 2008

Matt Puts Daniel to Bed

Matt was out relatively late last night, so in an effort to help out, he volunteered to put Daniel to bed. Now Daniel does not really have a schedule yet, but whenever he is ready, he will go down for the night. This week that was around 11 pm. That is a little late for my taste, but I can't complain because he gives us plenty of hours of sleep each night. Anyway, back to Matt. So Matt sings Daniel all the Notre Dame songs and then a few Billy Joel numbers. It looks like things are moving in the right direction, so I decided to go and check on a few things in another room. Well, when I got back Matt was sound asleep on the bed and Daniel was lying next to him wide awake kicking and cooing. I would say that Daniel won round 1. Matt was down for the count.

I seem to recall many nights where my father would put us to bed and fall asleep. One of his sleep techniques would be to play a round of golf in his head. When he was desperate for an idea he would talk through the golf game with us. This might work for little boys and Dads, but is not very effective for little girls. I guess it was somewhat effective because eventually I would just give up on being awake and fall asleep because it's no fun to just hang out with someone sound asleep next to you. I don't think that Daniel has reached this point yet ;)

PS - Once he did go down, Daniel slept from 11 pm until 6 am! He's slept for 7 hours before, but it was from 8:30 pm until 3:30 am.

No comments: