Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Three is Around the Corner

Here I am in the final countdown of this pregnancy, and although everything has been going well and I'm sleeping well, the last trimester has been long and uncomfortable. I'm huge, it's been hot enough days to make me uncomfortable, my feet and hands are very swollen, and my allergies are so out of control that I have hives. Well it's either the allergies or I'm allergic to being pregnant. I've never been this pregnant during the warmer months. I really feel for women who have late summer babies. If May is this uncomfortable, the whole summer must be pretty brutal.

I also have gotten some really classic unsolicited comments. There was the guy pushing the young girl in a stroller at the grocery store this weekend who offered this gem, "You must be having twins or something. None of my baby mamas have ever looked like you do now." After passing and reflecting on his comment, he offered, "You know you are going to have a really healthy baby." I had nothing that I could say in response. I think I just stood there with my mouth slightly agape.

Oh well, I'm not going to be pregnant forever. I think I'm setting myself up for disappointment because I'm mentally prepared to have the baby sometime before next Tuesday, preferably Thursday or Friday, which would coincide well with the holiday; however, this is something I have very little control over. If it goes according to my wish, we can call it a mother's intuition. If it doesn't, we can call it wishful thinking. 

Alright, I'm off to spend the day with the boys. Not sure what's on the agenda, but I'm sure we will have fun.

No comments: