Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Maybe a Bit Type A

Matt and I are both a little paricular, and I think this is starting to rub off on our kids. Now, I'm not too suprised to see it in Daniel, after all being particular is a big part of being almost 3, but Christopher is showing more and more particular desires. For instance, yesterday he noticed that Matt's slippers were not where they belonged, so he picked them up and put them away where they belong. Today he reallly wanted to wear something over his shirt before going down for a nap. He brought me the sleeve bib, but did not like that it tied in the back rather than in the front, so he went and found one of Daniel's hoodies. He was very happy in that, but I couldn't let him swim in it all day, so we traded it in for an LSU hoodie. He was quite pleased and ready to go to sleep. Maybe I'll upgrade to an iPhone so you can see pictures of these various outfits. For now, your mental picutres will have to suffice. It's just amazing to see such a little person have such specific desires. He knows what he wants and when he wants it. What a gift! I might be getting ahead if that were the case for me. Instead, I'm always weighing my alternatives. It's a bit challenging as a parent since he has very few words to communicate these wishes with, but those are coming and he does his best with the words he has and nonverbal communication.


Well, I'm going to enjoy the naptime we have right now, since having both boys sleep at the same time happens more and more infrequently.

Update: I had an opportunity to catch this in action this afternoon. Christopher insists on using these kitchen toys as cupholders, and likes Daniel to do it with him. Check it out.
Showing off their cupholders. Also notice the hoodie.


Goofballs, I tell you.


This is how boys hug.

No comments: