Friday, December 3, 2010

Jingle Bells

As a preface to this post I should let you know that my boys love music. I really do the a disservice in my lack of music in the house because they truly enjoy music.

Daniel has selected a favorite Christmas carol. It's Jingle Bells. He is thrilled when it comes on the radio and does not understand why the next song is not Jingle Bells, too. In his defence one of the local radio stations has Jingle Bells twice on the rotation. Maybe they do that because all kids feel this way. I suspect that it was just the intern's mistake.

Last night during the witching hour, I decided to play a little Christmas music for them on the stereo. I did not have Jingle Bells, so I dug out the Manheim Steamroller Christmas CD and put it on the DVD player. I just thought I needed to mix things up a bit. I was totally awestruck by how ecstatic my boys were. They both turned their attention right to the speakers and started dancing immediately. They were just enthralled with the music. I was overcome with the moment. It was pretty awesome. I guess I need to play more music for them.

I must say that watching Christopher dance is the cutest thing. He spreads his legs apart and kind of does a squat bounce move. And, of course, he squeals with joy while doing it. I'll have to make a video for you to watch, too.

No comments: