Monday, December 13, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

It's been a great year! This evening I got to enjoy a nice quiet night at home with my three favorite boys ;) You will notice from the pictures that I was not going anywhere. I do have a new hairdo these days. Well some days. Sometime in the last few months my hair decided to be curly. I'm trying to work with it.

Matt carried on our family tradition and made me a cake. We did have to make an additional trip to the store for frosting procurement. He thought when the box said it came with pudding you didn't need to buy frosting, too. He was so disappointed when he found out that the frosting was an additional purchase. I was impressed that he thought about it. I can envision him in the cake aisle debating the matter.

I can't wait to hear what Daniel tells the world about my birthday. Matt relayed this conversation to me from earlier today. Matt, "Daniel, what did we get Mommy for her birthday?" Daniel, "We got Mommy underwear!" Matt shakes his head and laughs. They got me a shirt, a cardigan, and a bracelet. Aunt Kelly got me the underwear.

Other exciting things going on here include the 9 inches of snow we got on Saturday night and the below freezing temperatures today. We had a nice long fall with great weather, but winter got here in a hurry. It is really fun to be able to get out an enjoy it for a change. I'm not pregnant, and Daniel is loving the snow. He is partial to shoveling and snowballs these days. I think he is going to be a big fan of sledding, too.

My cake made with love by Matt and Daniel.

Daniel and Christopher enjoying their favorite jumping spot.
Me studiously blowing out the candles and Daniel showing the big cheese.
My boys posing for the camera.
Daniel was pretty excited about the cake.


3 comments:

Maggie said...

LOVE the curly hair!!!! Love the frosting situation!!! Love those 2 cutie-pie boys!!! Cannot WAIT to get home!

Unknown said...

The exchange between Matt and Daniel is literally laugh out loud funny. Kids are so brutally honest!

Sarah said...

The hair is cute.the boys are adorable. I hope the underwear was lingerie. My only question- why the 1999 dillon christmas t shirt?
Hope you are enjoying the snow as much as we are (grumble, grumble)