Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Week to Remember


This week is going to be memorable if nothing else. Not many people wreck their car, turn 30, and have a baby in a week. That's right. I wrecked my car on Saturday and turned 30 on Sunday and will be having a baby by Friday. It is looking like the car is totaled. Thankfully Daniel, baby, and I are all fine. No injuries and very minor bruises. My ego might have taken the biggest bruise. I'm thinking that this might be a sign that the Acura TSX is not the right car for a mother of two. I think my next car will be some sort of family friendly vehicle. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to shop for a car right now, but I'll think about that another day.

Sunday was a much better day than Saturday. Everyone spoiled me for my birthday, and I was able to take it easy and enjoy the day. Matt picked out the sweetest little Willow Tree ornament for me from Daniel. It is a mother holding her little boy exactly the way Daniel likes to be held. Matt also kept the cake making tradition alive and made an excellent birthday cake for me. Daniel really enjoyed watching Matt mix the cake, and he particularly liked the licks!

Ok, so the baby part. No baby yet, but he is going to be here soon! If the baby does not come by Friday, I have an appointment to be induced at 11:30 am on Friday. Things are still going fine, but if I am pregnant much longer I won't have any shoes left that fit. I think I had to put three more pairs in the too small pile this week. That's alright, not too much to complain about since I only started feeling really pregnant in this last month.

2 comments:

Leigh Dixon said...

Big hug! So sorry to hear about the wreck but relieved to know that everyone is fine.

Alisha said...

Great news that you are all okay!

Congrats on the big 3-0! I turned 29 on the 9th of this month, so I'll be there soon enough, I guess :)

Wishing you the best with your delivery this next week or with your induction on Friday! Such an exciting time! Take care and enjoy this last week!!