Thursday, July 3, 2008

Paternity Leave and Life at the Lee House

I know it has been awhile since I have posted anything. Life has been keeping us busy. Nothing too out of the ordinary, just managing to stay busy. Daniel is learning new tricks every day. Today he grabbed his foot for the first time. Wouldn't it be nice if we could define our new experiences as such simple things?

Matt goes on paternity leave after July 4. I'm really excited to have him home, but at the same time, I'm a little nervous. I hope we really take advantage of this time rather than wasting it away. He has worked a ton in the past few weeks (working from 8 am until 10 pm with a stop at home for dinner), so it will be great to see him more. I don't think I could have survived without Kelly.

We are also interviewing for a nanny. It is difficult to find people who want to work two days a week and from those finding the right person is a challenge. I've been waiting for a stormy day to bring us Mary Poppins, but she has not come yet. Thankfully we have two good candidates.

Here are a few recent photos:

But Dad, I don't like the Farmer's Market. In a few years this face will get him anything he wants.

Just chillin' on the couch watching the game.

We took our first ride in the big stroller.

Morning bouncer time. Probably his best time of day. We get lots of smiles, and I get an hour of free time.

Posing in the Pack'n'Play. Practicing for Grandma Peggy's photo shoot.

Mom, no more pictures, please.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh, I love these photos. The big big bouncer smile and the 'no more pictures, please'! Miss you, can't wait for NS.