Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Happy Golden Birthday Daniel

Daniel turned five last Friday. I'm thinking 5 is going to be a great year. He's loving it already. I think we hit the jackpot in the gift department. He's really enjoying playing with his new toys. The Legos, Hexbugs, Star Wars toys, and watch are keeping him busy. After witnessing the focus and dedication Daniel put into building his new Lego set, I'm tempted to go out and purchase five more sets. It's one of the only toys I've seen him sit and work on for hours on end with little frusteration or boredom. We will see where this leads us. Daniel's birthday also brought the arrival of spring. It's wonderful to see almost all of the snow gone, flowers starting to poke out of the ground, grass greening up, and winter grime washing away. Here are some pictures of khis birthday celebrations.
 

Daniel's cake for school. He wanted rainbow,
 so I got crafty with the food coloring.

The golden birthday celebration at the Lee's.

Silly brothers.

Our 5-yer-old!

Family shot

Evaluating the new Star Wars toys. I suspect that Matt may
be more excited than Daniel about this gift :)

Checking out his new watch. Let the
counting by 5's begin.

Daniel and his assistant diligently working.

Daniel's completed project.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to Daniel! I can't believe he's 5!!